"Ants shape each other's behavior by exchanging chemicals. We do it by standing in front of each other, perring into each other's eyes, waving our hands and emitting strange sounds from our mouths."
This book is a practical instruction manual that can help anyone to become a great public speaker, based on Chris Anderson's 15+ years worth of experience as the head of TED.
KEY TAKEAWAYS: The 5 step process
1. In order to connect with the audience, start your talk with something that is relevant to them.
2. Offer a fact or a datapoint that will get your audience to ask’why’ or ‘how’.
3. Go over your ideas and thoughts individually, don't jump inbetween.
4. Use metaphors in order to help people understand your idea.
5. Share easy to understand and remember examples so that your audience can remember your main message.
READ IF: You want to develop your public speaking skills.